● Construction Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
● Possess a valid WA State Driver’s License
● Pass background checks, including an E-Verify for I-9
Full Job Description
Shepel Homes Design & Build is hiring a Handyman/Carpenter.
The position requires an understanding of residential construction technology, the ability to use construction tools & equipment safely, and the ability to lift and move up to 100 lbs while practicing safe lifting practices.
You should be able to quickly adapt to different weather environments, working conditions, and job requirements. You should also have excellent communication and organizational skills, as you will be tasked with performing work on multiple jobs sites and coordinating with the Project Manager.
While you will work primarily as a Handyman/Carpenter, you may be asked to help with various manual labor tasks on the job site as well. Other duties will include performing maintenance on job sites, such as cleaning the interior and exterior of the houses.
Safety is the number one priority at each Shepel job site, and carelessness is not easily overlooked. Practicing safe, defensive driving skills and professionally representing Shepel when driving our vehicles is paramount.
1. Operate construction tools & equipment
2. Loading and unloading construction materials at different locations
3. Clean up job sites and take out the garbage to transfer station
4. Job Site Preparation (Mask & Protect)
5. Tear out - Must be able to do removal of various types of construction material
6. Low to medium scope framing work - Must be able to cut and install dimensional lumber
7. Low to medium scope drywall installation and patching
8. Interior/exterior door installation
9. Window installation
10. Millwork Installation - baseboards, door/window trim, crown molding etc.
11. Siding Installation
12. Safely lift up to 100 pounds
The ideal candidate must:
● Be a self-starter.
● Display a positive attitude towards work.
● Be able to work under pressure.
● Maintaining clean and organized job sites.
● Have a professional client, project manager, and designer interaction.
● Have high performance and high ethical standards as well as excellent customer service.
● Take responsibility and own the quality of your work.
● Strictly follow company safety rules and procedures.
Benefits: (provided after 90 days of employment)
● Health insurance
● Paid time off
Work Location: Multiple locations