Role: Assist with creating design concepts. Ensure client satisfaction with the design project. Provide design support during construction. Generate design content & documents for the company’s internal projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the designer with the following objectives & tasks.
The purpose of internal projects is to create pre-set design templates for further selling & marketing.
- Utilize Chief Architect design software (or other software approved by management) to complete internal projects.
- Create design concepts for a variety of projects.
- Complete detailed designs & provide specifications (materials, measurements, proper documentation).
- Create design visualizations & 3D renders.
- Compose blog posts about various design projects and publicize them on the company’s websites and social media platforms.
Establish contact & conduct consistent communication with the client as necessary to achieve the following objectives & tasks.
- Understand the scope of work for a new project.
- Understand the utility the client expects from the updated space.
- Determine style preferences.
- Set up digital project information.
- Draw as-built plans of the area requiring work when necessary.
- Produce conceptual designs.
- Expand on client’s requests by educating them on various possible design options.
- Utilize digital software approved by management to produce sketches, drawings & schematic design.
- Produce detailed designs.
- Utilize Chief Architect design software (or other software approved by management) to complete detailed designs.
- Complete detailed design plans, elevations & layouts.
- Search for material selection options for the individual projects.
- Provide project specifications (materials & measurements).
- Create design visualizations, cross-sections, & 3D renders.
- Obtain approval from the Project Manager & Designer for proposed designs before submitting them to a client for final review.
- Utilize company CRM platform BuilderTrend (or other platform approved by management) to present material selection options based on the general design concept and agreed-upon budget for homeowner approval.
- Ensure client’s satisfaction with the proposed designs.
- Communicate with company approved vendors to obtain information on material specifications and pricing.
- Prepare detailed purchase orders and send them to the accounting department for processing and or complete purchases, as necessary.
- Adjust the job estimate line items in BuilderTrend (or other platform approved by management) to reflect ongoing design solutions and material selections.
- Send updates estimates to the client for approval.
- Communicate with the Project Manager on design specifics throughout the project.
- Communicate with subcontractors on design specifics throughout the project when requested by the Project Manager.
- Make changes to the design throughout the project when requested by the Project Manager or the client.
- Submit the design changes to the Project Manager for approval before sending them to the client.
- Ensure that the client is informed and satisfied with the executed design throughout the project.