Role: Establish contact with the client, understand the client’s needs and preferences. Create design concepts and detailed designs. Ensure client satisfaction with the design project. Provide design support during construction. Generate design content for company’s internal projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
The purpose of internal projects is to create pre-set design templates for further selling & marketing.
- Utilize Chief Architect design software (or other software approved by management) to complete internal projects.
- Create design concepts for variety of projects.
- Complete detailed designs & provide specifications (materials & measurements).
- Create design visualizations & 3D renders.
- Compose blogposts about various design projects and publicize on company’s websites and social media platforms.
- Find out the purpose for the project.
- Understand the utility the client expects from the updated space.
- Determine style preferences.
- Produce conceptual designs.
- Expand on client’s requests by educating them on various possible design options.
- Utilize digital software approved by management to produce sketches & drawings.
- Provide sketches & drawings illustrating proposed changes to the space.
- Produce detailed designs.
- Utilize Chief Architect design software (or other software approved by management) to complete detailed designs.
- Draw as-built plans of space requiring work when necessary.
- Complete detailed design plans & layouts.
- Provide project specifications (materials & measurements).
- Create design visualizations, cross sections, & 3D renders.
- Conduct in person meetings with the client as needed.
- Conduct show room visits with the client to select materials as needed.
- Obtain approval from Project Manager for proposed designs before submitting to client for final review.
- Ensure client’s satisfaction with the proposed designs.
- Communicate with Project Manager on design specifics throughout the project.
- Communicate with subcontractors on design specifics throughout the project when requested by Project Manager.
- Conduct regular site visits to ongoing projects to ensure proper execution of the design.
- Make changes to the design throughout the project when requested by Project Manager or the client.
- Submit the design changes to Project Manager for approval before sending to the client.
- Ensure that the client is informed and satisfied with the executed design throughout the project.